Middle East Security and Nuclear Policy Specialist at the Program on Science and Global Security (SGS) at Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
Associate Research Scholar at SGS
Graduate level lecturer at SGS
Visiting Research Scholar at SGS
Director of the International Research Department of the Strategic Research Faculty at the Center for Strategic Research (CSR)
Doctoral Lecturer at the Sciences and Research Center of the Islamic Azad University
Doctoral Lecturer at the Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies at the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
Postdoctoral studies at Durham University, United Kingdom
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in International Relations, University of Kent at Canterbury, United Kingdom
Master in International Relations, University of Tehran, Iran
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Sacramento State University of California, United States and Science and Technology University of Tehran, Iran
Advisor to the President of Center for Strategic Research (CSR) at the Expediency Council of Iran
Vice President of CRS on International Affairs
- Strategic policy advice through policy papers, seminars, roundtables and publishing books on major international issues for the Expediency Council of Iran.
Foreign Policy Advisor to the Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran (SNSC)
- Provided recommendations and advice on key foreign policy issues
Spokesman for the Iranian nuclear negotiation team, affiliated to the SNSC and member of nuclear negotiation team with international community
- Negotiating with EU, IAEA and international community to resolve the Iranian nuclear crisis and spokesperson for Iran’s nuclear policy.
Head of the Foreign Relations Committee at the SNSC
- Dealing with all major foreign policy issues of Iran and preparing proposals for the Supreme National Security Council of Iran. Areas of focus include: Iraq, Afghanistan, nuclear energy, nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Additional Protocol, Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), Chemical Weapon Conventions, Human Rights, United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolution, energy security, peace process in Middle East, regional relations, terrorism, humanitarian affairs, relations with the US and the West.
Iranian Ambassador to Germany
Director General of West Europe at the Foreign Ministry of Iran
- Focus on bilateral relations with EU in economic, cultural, political and security affairs. Specific deliberations on regional and international issues between Iran and the EU such as terrorism, Human Rights, WMD and Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Head of Northern Europe Department at the Foreign Ministry of Iran
- The same as above for relation with Northern Europe.
Chairman of the Administration Organization of Iranian Parliament
- Managing all administrative and financial affairs of Iran’s Parliament with 270 MPs and about 500 employees.
Vice President of the Islamic Propagation Organization in Tehran, Iran
- Responsible for planning, budget and organization affairs
Editor in Chief of Tehran Times Daily in Tehran, Iran
- “US-Iran Relations: Developing a Basis for Resolving Iran-US Bilateral Disputes and for a Diplomatic Rapprochement,” published by Bloomsbury in 2014.
- “Iranian Nuclear Crisis, A Memoir,” published by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in 2012.
- “Challenges of Iran-West Relations,” published by Routledge Press in 2008.
- “Additional Protocol and Islamic Republic’s Strategy,” published by the Center for Strategic Research (CSR) in 2008.
- “Human Rights: Trends and Viewpoints,” published by CSR in March 2008.
- “Iran-Germany Relations (1990-1997),” published by the Center for Strategic Research in 2006.
- “Islamic Thinkers of Germany,” published by the Institute for Political and International Studies (IPIS) in 1995.
- “Imam Khomeini: His Life and Leadership,” Saffron Publications in 1990.
- “An Iranian Perspective,” Wars in the Middle East: Hot and Cold, Aspen Institute Italia, with Mehrdad Saberi, May 5th, 2016, p.93-101.
- “EU–Iran Relations After Brexit,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, Survival, Volume 58, 2016 – Issue 5, September 20, 2016 Pages 83-94.
- “US, Iran, Saudi Arabia: A New Diplomatic Calculus?” World Affairs Council, San Francisco, June 27, 2017.
- “High-Level Conference on Science Diplomacy,” Foundation for Worldwide Cooperation, Bologna (Italy), May, 9, 2017.
- A ‘Westphalia’ for the Middle East?” Berlin Korber Foundation, Berlin, April 27-28, 2017.
- “Syria’s Trajectory and Challenges for the United States,” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington, DC, April 6, 2017.
- “The Future of Nuclear Energy in the Middle East,” American University of Beirut, March 14-15, 2017.
- “Trump’s options on the nuclear deal with Iran,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, Al Monitor, August 1, 2017.
- “Understanding Iranian threat perceptions,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, Al Monitor, July 14, 2017.
- “The Real Security Threats on Iran’s Periphery,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, LobeLog, June 30, 2017.
- “This is why Iran should play a major role in the negotiations to ban nuclear weapons,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, The Independent, June 14, 2017.
- “Tehran Terrorist Attacks Risk Unleashing All-Out War Between Iran And Saudi Arabia,” Seyed Hossein Mousavian, The Huffington Post, June 8, 2017.
- “War not bringing security for S.Arabia: Former Iranian diplomat,” IRNA, July 29, 2017.
- “The Heat: Yemen crisis,” CGTN, July 27, 2017.
- “Iran’s next challenges,” Red Dirt Report, June 16, 2017.
- “The State of Public Diplomacy in Iran’s Foreign Policy,” Interview with Seyed Hossein Mousavian, Iran Review, June 10, 2017.
- “Fmr. Iranian Diplomat: ISIS Attack on Tehran ‘Managed by Saudi Arabia,’” The Real News, June 8, 2017.